Saturday, November 26, 2011

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas...

It's that time of year again, folks!  You know what I'm talking about...that time of year when you become giddy when it snows for the first time, the radio plays non-stop Christmas music, you bundle up your kids to go look at Christmas lights (we always got ice cream during these rides when I was little), and your house looks like Christmas threw up inside (well, at least my house does!). 
 
I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!! 

One of our childhood Christmas traditions that I've carried over to my married life is going to the Christmas tree farm.  A few days ago we bundled up and went to the BEST Christmas tree farm I've ever been to.  There were so many beautiful trees that we only made it down a few rows before we had found the perfect tree!  I suppose it helps that we were the first customers of the season :) Another reason this farm was great was because of the live reindeer!  Kase wasn't a huge fan...he thought they were OK when they were across the pen, but once they started walking towards him he bolted straight for Mommy!

Kase will appreciate the Christmas tree farm someday.  This year, however, he was more interested in poking at the flags in the ground and touching the smaller trees.

He also had quite a difficult time maneuvering the rough terrain, and had quite a few tumbles.  We giggle everytime we see this picture :) hehe

I thought this picture was quite funny, but only because I could tell this was his CONCERNED face.  I looked in the direction he was looking, and saw the reindeer running around their pen.  Kase was quite unsure of them!
And this is the one shot I have of him smiling!

Once we got the tree home, Kase took a super important nap while Keith and I put the tree in the stand and got the lights on it.  I started decorating, but Kase woke up before I was finished, so I attempted to have him "help" me.  He helped for awhile

but then found the beads and was more interested in these than the tree.

Here's our finished product:

 This is another tradition we're starting with Kase...Christmas jammies!

No comments:

Post a Comment