Sunday, August 8, 2010

Baptism


Today was a special day for our family. We baptized Kase at church and were able to celebrate with four generations from both families present. The verse given to Kase was Habakkuk 2:1, "I will stand my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what God will say to me." We were also told that Kase means "vigilant." Our prayer as Kase's parents is that he will be vigilant and alert to the Lord's voice in his life. We feel so blessed to be given Kase and for the Lord to have entrusted him to us. We know that Kase is first a child of the Lord, and has been given to us to raise up in the way of the Lord.
As I was rocking Kase to sleep tonight I was filled with joy for this gift the Lord has given us. Tears overflowed from my eyes as my heart overflowed with love for this little boy who has been entrusted to Keith and I. For a very long time I was afraid that this day would not come. But today we committed our son to the Lord, and I rocked my son to sleep. What a joyful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment