Tuesday, June 15, 2010

JOY

You remember the Johnny Appleseed song we sang when we were young? "Oh the Lord's been good to me, and so I thank the Lord, for giving me the things I need, the sun the rain and the appleseed. The Lord is GOOD TO ME." Well, it's been on repeat in my head today because I can't believe this day is here. No, the baby is not coming yet, but it is my last day of work before he's born! I have been dreaming about this day for the last 3 1/2 years and now it's finally here! AAHHH!!! If I could run and jump and do a cartwheel right now I totally would...but since I can't, I'll just sit here and bask in my pure joy.

Isaiah 55:8-9 has been a verse of comfort for me during our infertility. It reads, " 'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the Lord, 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.' " HOW TRUE IS THIS?!?! Why do we stress, why do we "plan", why do we worry? The Lord's plans are SO MUCH bigger than we could ever imagine!!! As ironic as it sounds, I am thankful for our time of infertility. Without that time of longing and waiting, I don't know that I'd be experiencing this spirit of overflowing JOY! Thank you, Jesus, for being faithful to your children. Thank you for times of JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment