Monday, June 14, 2010

10 things I've heard these past 9 months

Sometimes I'm amazed at the lack of tact from some people when it comes to what they'll say to a pregnant woman. These past 9 months have given me much to laugh and cry about, which has given me a great blog topic! It's a good thing I have such a great sense of humor or these would really upset me :) Here are 10 things that should never be said to a pregnant woman, but unfortunately have been said to me...my commentary in green italics.

1. Innocent Question: Are you having any food cravings?
Not-So-Innocent-Answer: I think Anita just craves food in general. If you put it in front of her, she'll eat it.

2. Are we having twins? From the lady at Pottery Barn

3. I think you're getting bigger by the minute!

4. Whoa, Nita, you're going to need a bigger bed when you come visit us! Thank you to my youngest brother Payton for this loving comment.

5. You're STILL pregnant?

6. I only gained 20 pounds with my first baby. Can I smack you in the face now, or shall I wait until later?

7. You have HOW MANY months left? WOW!

8. Are you going to have a natural birth? I tried, but it was the worst pain in my life. I had terrible back labor for 30 hours and ended up having a c-section which left me in agonizing pain for 3 weeks straight. REALLY, is this supposed to encourage me?! REALLY?!

9. Oh honey, your ankles are huge! This from some random lady at the grocery store. And yes, thank you for noticing that I have Barney Rubble feet.

10. Unless Mother Nature makes "it" fall off, your baby is definitely a boy!

So again, isn't it a good thing that I have such a great sense of humor about the expansion of my body? :) And while it is easy to complain about the aches, pains, hormonal changes, and many other things regarding pregnancy, I couldn't be more happy to be 9 months pregnant and merely DAYS away from meeting our little boy!

1 comment:

  1. Anita, I love the way you have been able to find humor in all of the comments! That's not always so easy at this stage of your pregnancy. I haven't recognized any of the comments, so hopefully none of them came from me! We are anxiously awaiting the day we get to meet our first little grandchild, as well! What a blessing for this little guy to be so warmly welcomed by such loving parents and extended family!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete