Sunday, January 19, 2014

Christmas 2013

I.love.Christmas.

I love the what Christmas celebrates.
I love the decorations.
I love the food.
I love buying people presents.
I love the time off from work.
I love the food.
I love watching my kids experience Christmas.
I love Christmas snow.
I love the food. :)

Christmas is just wonderful, especially with little kids.  Kase was at SUCH a fun age this year, and "firsts" with an infant are always fun.  This year was our first challenge in the "No Santa Christmas" as Kase would occasionally ask if Santa was coming to his house.  He seemed OK with the answers we gave him, I'm sure next year will prove even more difficult with more Santa questions...oh well!

We thoroughly enjoyed our 2+ weeks of Christmas break!  The first few days we stayed home and enjoyed some R&R.  Kase played some games on the iPad.  Lydia thought it was fun to touch the screen too, causing Kase's game to turn off, followed by a temper-tantrum from Kase.  Oh the joys of a 3-year-old.



Kase enjoyed "helping" Lydia open her presents.  Mostly, Kase would tear all of the paper off and then hand the gift to Lydia.



Don't mind the nasty shadow on this picture, I just thought his face was priceless.  He was pretty excited about his new "games"!

modeling his new shoes

The day after Christmas we headed to NW IA for some extended family Christmas.  I brought my camera along with intentions of taking pictures...but that didn't happen.  I was busy...busy enjoying Christmas.  I did, however, manage to take a few pictures of the Sietstra family making a gigantic snowman.
 

Callie was less than impressed with the snow, but perfectly content to stand on the sidelines and support.

Kase preferred to throw snowballs at those trying to build the snowman.

Once again, Christmas was very special and I was extremely sad to go back to work.  I have to admit, I even teared up as I drove my kids to the babysitter...such wonderful family times!

No comments:

Post a Comment