Friday, August 23, 2013

Use What You Have - Week 3

I'm a bit late in posting week 3...the week's gotten away from me!  This was a busy week for us as school started on Tuesday, the kiddos went back to babysitter, and football had a full week of late practices.  Usually when Daddy's not home Kase and I will have something easy (mac & cheese, hotdogs, grilled cheese, etc)...so Kase was NOT impressed when I brought him real food at supper.  He's just going to have to get over it, I made a plan and I'm sticking to it!

This week I had frequent "moral dilemmas" where I wanted to just go get Subway or bowling alley (our two eat-out options in town) but thankfully I resisted and made what I had planned.  Eating out is a HUGE weakness for me...I think I could eat out every single day.  It's strange that I have this weakness since I love to cook!

Here's what's on my menu for week 3:
Monday: fettuccine (Kase calls this "white sghetti") w/ cheesy bread
Tuesday: porcupine meatballs, cheesy potatoes
Wednesday: grill chicken, pesto rice
Thursday: lasagna w/ cheesy bread
Friday: leftovers
Saturday: muffins (breakfast), grilled cheese (lunch), team night (supper)
Sunday: monkey bread (breakfast), leftovers (lunch), baked ziti (supper)
***Grocery bill for the week: $12.11!

3 weeks down, 3 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment