Saturday, June 9, 2012

messy yet fun

I have way too many terra cotta pots.  WAY too many.

So, I had the idea to have Kase help me hand paint a few of them!  Call me crazy, but yes, I did hand my not-yet-2-year-old a paint brush! :)  I wasn't quite sure how he's respond.  Mommy's ideas can either be a hit or a bust.  I was anxious to see how this one turned out...and...


IT WAS A HIT!!!


Kase had so much fun painting.  He loved using multiple brushes, multiple paint colors (I cut him off at 6 colors), and didn't want to stop!

"Yook (Look) Mommy, messy hands!"



Then we went to our local greenhouse to pick out some flowers for our newly painted flower pots.

Like any little boy, he was more interested in digging in my bag of potting soil than helping with the flowers!
(Yes, that is dirt covering my child's face.)

Who taught my child to smile like this?!?! :)


He's pretty proud of his project! And so is Mama! I think they're the cutest little pots and love that it adds some personal touches to our barren weed-filled landscaping.

"I paint the flowers Mama"

No comments:

Post a Comment